The Juried Art Show has always been a staple of the Ellwood City Arts, Crafts, and Food Festival in Ewing Park. This year has gathered many entries into the Art Show, with local artists of all ages with varies mediums.
Cash awards were given for the Best of Show, three Distinguished Awards, and three Merit Awards. Also, several individuals were given honorable mentions (see photos below).
Judging of the artwork by Tony Valvano was on Monday, and all winners and non-winners artwork will be on display throughout the weekend festival, June 29 – July 1 in the Trefoil Lodge.
The winners were selected as follows:
- Best of Show – John DeNome, “Red”, watercolor;
- Distinguished – Gloria Heckendorn, “Ocean Breeze”, Oil;
- Distinguished – Trudy Boots, “Coffee or Tea” Pencil;
- Distinguished – Susan Dexter, “Dangerous Liaisons”, Pastels;
- Merit – Lynda Lambert, “M-A Talisman” Beadwork;
- Merit – James Rosaci, “Beautiful”, Watercolor;
- Merit – Steve Totin, “Never Forgotten”, Acrylic;
- Honorable Mentions – Ava Sue Trpudec, “Lift Me Up”; Larry Baker, “Dinosaur Recreation”; Marion Kennedy, “Nest #2.”