Category Archives: Real Estate
Courtesy of the Register & Recorder section of the Lawrence County Government Center in New Castle, the following are real estate transfers from the Ellwood City area for the month of May:
- 312-314 6th Street: Yolanda & James Arkett to the Ellwood City Borough for $59,000.00
- 632 Meadowridge Drive: John Birtalan to Michelle & Gene Pelissier for $215,000.00
- 520 York Street: Jennifer & Edward Wittmann to Kayli Valentino & Robert Thomas Krut for $136,000.00
- 605 Lawrence Avenue: Betty & William Wilds to Glamorous Tanning & Specialty Boutique for $40,000.00
- 1210 Lawrence Avenue: John Calabria Sr., John Calabria Jr., & Angelo Calabria to C & K Improved Properties for $7,500.00
- 1206 Lawrence Avenue: John Calabria Jr. & Angelo Calabria to C & K Improved Properties for $70,000.00
- 120 Pittsburgh Circle: Heidi & Brian Geniviva to Janice & Albert Geniviva for $9,056.00
- 533 Hazel Avenue: Cheryl & David Drab to Michael Whitlatch for $69,900.00
- 502 Argonne Boulevard: Darlene Winterbottom, Cathleen Winterbottom, Kathleen Winterbottom, Christian Winterbottom, Michael Viccari, & Dylan Viccari to Dakota Fennell for $62,000.00
- 218 Keystone Way: Leslie & Brian Bush to Jodi Bird for $31,000.00
- Old Pittsburgh Road: Bonnie Miller, Joyce Skillman, Cheryl Walker, & Ronald Lechner to Ronald & Shawn Lechner for $8,961.00
- 1033 North Main Street: Keith Allen Knox to Kelly & Jonathan Kelly for $85,000.00
- 1078 Main Street: Joyce, Stacie, James, James Jr., & Randall Hackett to Starr & Joshua Jones for $65,500.00
- 378 Main Street: Starr & Joshua Jones to Sylvester Family Partnership for $61,500.00
- Ellwood-Portersville Road: Betty Burgess to Uni Home Solutions for $10,000.00
- Ellwood-Portersville Road: Uni Home Solutions to PA Prospects for $16,000.00
Courtesy of the Register & Recorder section of the Lawrence County Government Center in New Castle, the following are real estate transfers from the Ellwood City area for the month of April:
- 301 Petain Street: Bryan & Nicole Neghiu to Terrie & Samantha Craig for $83,000.00
- 9 Pittsburgh Circle: Anthony & Jane Colangelo to Noah Robbin & Stacy Stahl for $160,000.00
- 211 Evans Drive: Charles & Cheryl Patterson Jr. to Kaitlyn Schuster for $120,000.00
- 637 Meadowridge Drive: Dixie Agostinelli to Bryan & Nicole Neghiu for $220,000.00
- 819 Park Avenue: Rafael Sciullo to Red Lotus Management Group for $64,000.00
- 514 Wayne Avenue: John Berezniak to Douglas & Kristina Burr for $50,000.00
- 805 Crescent Avenue: Victoria Arcadi to Michael & Kia Yohe for $44,000.00
- 212 Wampum Avenue: Marry Ann Arkett to Brian Bush for $28,000.00
- 407 Golf Avenue: U.S. National Bank to Daniel & Yvette Mollenkopf for $82,000.00
- 112 Wurtemburg Way: Fannie Mae to Brian Bush for $22,500.00
- 299 Hansen Avenue: Edward & Colleen Keller to Daniel Ries & Jennifer Zallo for $84,000.00
- 210 Kay Street: Robert Spratley & Melinda Yaken to Citimortgage Inc. for $1,668.09
- 431 Beaver Street: Debra Elliot to Brent & Kimberly Baney for $10,000.00
- 1097 Darlington Road: Jason & Teresa Bissell to William Butler & Brandie Lutz for $105,000.00
- Ellwood-Wampum Road: Elsie Marsano to Chase Laszlo for $115,000.00
- 466 Vinegar Valley Road: Eric & April Gaul to Bank of New York Mellon for $1,235.11
- 154A Ellwood-Wurtemburg Road: William Lemanski, Richard Lemanski, & Mary Ellen Camera to Louis Friello for $100,000.00
- Ellwood Chewton Road: Martin & Rita Woloszyn to Stanley & Mary Ann Hill for $10,000.00
- 320 Laurel Avenue: Larry & Stacey McCowin to Christian & Erica Gray for $260,000.00
Courtesy of the Register & Recorder section of the Lawrence County Government Center in New Castle, the following are real estate transfers from the Ellwood City area for the month of March:
ELLWOOD CITY BOROUGH:
- 410 Franklin Avenue: Josephine Deloia Est to Mark Bacon for $25,000.00
- Franklin Avenue: Robert and Lisa Surrena to John Morgan Jr. for $13,500.00
- 420 9th Street: Hartland Acres Inc. to Jamie R. Hulick for $14,900.00
- 918 Crescent Avenue: Bank of New York Mellon Trustee to Billy Hawell and Valerie Walker for $19,200.00
- 80 Pittsburgh Circle: Mark and Tammy Mazzant to Keith Hoffmeier (Hoffmeier Storage) for $26,000.00
- 728 Crescent Avenue: Goldie Mackas Poholsky to Uni Home Solutions LLC for $40,000.00
- 728 Crescent Avenue: Uni Home Solutions to Equity Trust Custodian, Joshua James Koach IRA for $45,000.00
- East Line Avenue: Harold and Josephine Champion to Samuel Kasper Jr. for $18,000.00
- 805 Skyline Drive: Curtis and Michelle Agostinelli to Matthew Schlieper and Jenna Wilson for $150,000.00
- 305 Bridge Street: Beverly A. Hazen to Robert Franze and Loree Kay Smilek Franze for $29,000.00
- 645 1st Avenue: Deutsche Bank National Trust to Novastar Mortgage Funding Trust for $50,300.00
- 835 Lawrence Avenue: Beaver Newspapers Inc to M Quest Property Co LLC for $95,000.00
- 1st Street, Ellport: Jim and Debbie Morton to Ted and Linda Kelosky for $15,000.00
- 242 Portersville Road: Keith Hoffmeier, Hoffmeier Storage to Audrey and Johnathan Merkel for $115,350.00
- 1106 Park Drive, Wampum: James and Michaelyn Ferrante to Brian and Anita Allen for $10,000.00
- 1076 Main Street, Wampum: Robert Shrock Sr. to Ralph and Theresa Ferrucci for $54,000.00
- Main Street, Wampum: Samuel M. Kelly to County of Lawrence for $30,000.00
SLIPPERY ROCK TOWNSHIP
- 3371 Shaffer Road, Ellwood City: Peter and Nancy Albertini to Ryan Mitchell and Danielle Fry for $207,500.00
- 512 Meadowland Ave., Ellwood City: Kathryn E. Crans to Viola Freed for $82,000.00
Courtesy of the Register & Recorder section of the Lawrence County Government Center in New Castle, the following are real estate transfers from the Ellwood City area for the month of January:
- 312 Hazel Avenue: Louis Tammaro Sr & Kathleen Tammaro to Candida Kirkham & Stephen Kirkham for $85,500.00
- 424 6th Street: Darwin T Whaley and Rafael J Sciullo to Christina Greene and Timothy Vankirk for $62,500
- 600 Wampum Avenue: Joseph Zurynski and Nancy Zurynski to Amy Honneffer for $54,000
- 335 Mount Vernon Drive: David Ialongo and Lydia Ialongo to James Klages and Jacqueline Klages for $105,000
- 719 Skyline Drive: John Linville and Margie Linville to James McKenna and Taylor McKenna for $145,000
- 504 Wood Street: John Ippolito to Anthony Cipriano for $112,000
- Highland Avenue: Forever of Pa Inc. to Miles Spielvogel for $30,000
- 428 Hazel Avenue: Kennety Brown, Kenneth Brown Sr., Linda Jean Thompson, and Linda Jean Brown to Jarret Blanchard and Jessica Blanchard for $83,900
- 925 Crescent Avenue: Bank of New York Mellon and Bank of New York to Michelle Graham for $16,000
- S 7th Street: Dana Karenbauer to Wells Fargo Bank, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, and Norwest Mortgage Inc. for $2,287
- 319 Mt Vernon Drive: Secretary of Housing and Urban Development to James Wright for $22,000
- 104 Pittsburgh Circle: Earl Tyler to Jeffrey Larry for $58,000
- 1106 Aetna Drive: William Gottuso and Gwendolyn Gottuso to Sean Stewart and Kelly Stewart for $189,000
- 951 Bates Road: John Shaffer and Nellie Shaffer to Daniel Yaromey and Chelsey Yaromey for $100,000
- 708 Tara Drive: Fannie Mae and Federal National Mortgage to Cindy Edwards for $101,000
- 400 Levis Road: Duncan Family Properties LLC to Thomas McClymonds and Margaret McClymonds for $250,000
- 639 Portersville Road: Dean Shallenberger and Diana Schallenberger to Stacy Bronick for $25,000
- 1005 N. Main Street: Joseph Dombeck, Grace Dombeck, Anthony Maniccia, and Dorothy Maniccia to Joseph Dombeck and Grace Dombeck for $25,000
- 223 Jamison Avenue: Robert Gallaher to Adam Custozzo and Chelsea Custozzo for $115,000
- 215 Mahoney Avenue: Mary Deotto to John Guerrini, Mary Guerrini, John Guerrini Jr., and Betty Jean Tilia for $140,000
- 310 Golf Avenue: Sean Stewart and Kelly Stewart to Kimberly Deloia and Lynn Palmer for $132,000
Courtesy of the Register & Recorder section of the Lawrence County Government Center in New Castle, the following are real estate transfers from the Ellwood City area for the month of December:
- 312 Hazel Avenue: Louis Tammaro Sr & Kathleen Tammaro to Candida Kirkham & Stephen Kirkham for $85,500.00
- 432 Glen Avenue: Claude Morgan to David & Courtney Fisher for $35,000.00
- 504 Franklin Avenue: John & Nancy Berezniak to Gergory Linville for $10,000.00
- 100 Hazel Avenue: James Joseph Jr. to William Pearsall Jr. for $16,000.00
- 718 Crescent Avenue: Daniel and Jamie Kerr to John Hregdovic for $58,000.00
- 220 Franklin Avenue: Secretary of Housing & Urban Development to SNR Services LLC for $19,500.00
- 222 Line Avenue: Joseph Fallabel to John O’Connor for $31,500.00
- 575 Dutch Ridge Road, Ellwood City: Joseph Mielcarek to Cody Frederick for $128,000.00
- Ellport-Koppel Road: Irvin Strohecker to Dennis J. Morgan for $40,000.00
- 4555 Ellwood Road: Clemence Perrotta to Patricia McCart for $45,000.00
- 4452 Ellwood Road: Monica Bamberry to Drew Borselli for $86,700.00
- 1153 Chewton Wurtemburg Road: Chris & Catherine Hardie to Jared & Marie Ann McElwain for $42,000.00
- 733 Portersville Road: Brian and Tina Murphy to Evan Ottaviani and Jessica Main for $68,000.00
- 508 Meadowland Avenue: Timothy & Pamela Powell to Joseph Carusone for $58,000.00
NORTH BEAVER TOWNSHIP:
- 4295 Edinburg Road, New Castle: Samuel Jean Fry Est. to Jeffrey & Jodi Cummings for $75,000.00
- 1411 Davidson Street, Wampum: Donn & Donald Parrish to Robert & Donna Custer for $110,000.00
Police are investigating a forced-entry burglary that resulted in nearly $6,000 worth of jewelry stolen from a residence in Ellwood City.
Just after 9 a.m. on Monday, a man contacted police after he noticed his parent’s home along Clydesdale Avenue had been broken into while they were away on vacation. He told police he saw the kitchen window damaged and left open.
According to the report, the majority of the house seemed to be untouched, while the bedroom had been ransack. The man said his parents were in Florida and he was checking on the house.
Stolen and Recovered
A man contacted police after he noticed his garage was broken into and his quad was stolen.
According to the report, on Tuesday at approximately 8:30 a.m., police were called for a burglary at a residence on Beaver Avenue. The victim said his garage was broken into sometime overnight and his quad was stolen.
But, after the report was made, police notified the man that the quad was recovered. It was found by police at the 1000 block of Factory Avenue.
Police are continuing to investigate the burglary.
Ellwood City Police were contacted by a man who noticed that his gun was stolen from his vehicle.
According to the report, a man who resides on Summit Avenue told police on Tuesday that his gun under his vehicle’s seat was missing. The man told police that he left his vehicle unlocked.
The police made a separate report for the missing gun and are continuing to investigate.
Theft & Drunk in Public
An Ellwood City woman attempting to steal numerous items from a Dollar General was arrested for both theft and public drunkenness.
On Saturday at approximately 3:30 p.m., police were dispatched for a theft in progress at Dollar General on Lawrence Avenue. Upon inside, police saw the alleged suspect; she was identified as Dawnette Bober, 37, of Brown Road.
Police took the woman in the back room. According to the report, police found 12 items that the woman was hiding under her shirt. The items total price was $42.80.
Officers also noticed a strong odor of alcohol on the woman – along with theft charges, she was also charged with public intoxication.
Courtesy of the Register & Recorder section of the Lawrence County Government Center in New Castle, the following are real estate transfers from the Ellwood City area for the month of November:
- 406 Byng Street: Secretary of Housing & Urban Development to Panopoly Investments LLC for $26,900.
- 300 Sims Street: Joseph S. and Edythe M. Bellissimo to Debra J. Greco for $60,000.
- 304 Sims Street: Sim Street Properties LLC to Andrew J. and Sara M. Beneigh for $165,000.
- 301 Foch Street: Michael E. and Kristen L. Aleprete to Emily K. Romeo for $104,900.
- 406 Byng Street: Panopoly Investments LLC to Vireo Holdings LLC for $34,500.
- 217 Fifth Street: Gregory C. Linville to Garson Ventures Inc. for $70,000.
- 211 Wright Avenue: David E. Morida to Mary M. Kelly for $60,000.
- 206 Mahoney Avenue: Darin and Chelsea J. Sharek to Ronald J. Lagana Jr. for $89,900.
- 102 Whieldon Avenue: Keith Hoffmeier to April S. Bohizic for $82,000.
- 1756 Squaw Run Road: Ruth J. DeCaria EST and Edna Jane Marcinowski to Joseph M. and Laurie B. Tomak for $59,900.
- 235 Henry Street: Thelma J. Rozen to Ruth A. Jula for $55,000.
- 1312 Woodside Avenue: Paradise Property Group LLC to LCAR Acres LLC for $191,000.
Courtesy of the Register & Recorder section of the Lawrence County Government Center in New Castle, the following are real estate transfers from the Ellwood City area for the month of October:
728 Wampum Avenue: Patricia A. Boots to Wilbur C. and Donna J. Jones for $35,000.
80 Pittsburgh Circle: Andrew J. and Sara M. Beneigh to Mark A. and Tammy L. Mazzant for $20,000.
229 Crescent Avenue: Sondra L. Mars EST to Travis C. Baur for $50,000.
516 York Street: Kevin L. and Debra R. McElwain to Daniel B. Reed for $95,000.
708 Sunset Blvd.: Natalie R. Allwine to Carol Kondrasuk for $83,000.
222 Second Street: Jonathan Murchak to Maegan E. Sloan for $81,625.
7155 State Route 488: George A. Lawther EST to David J. Aiken for $92,500.
725 Portersville Road: Wurtemburg United Presbyterian Church to Jennifer L. Kline for $45,000.
171 Eliza Street: Dorothy Capp to George A. and Marianne P. Fabich for $68,400.
5028 Old Pittsburgh Road: Michael A., Mario A., Lana Morini to Lauren Amber McDevitt and Myron D. Chappell for $158,000.
4537 Old Pittsburgh Road: Douglas A. and Danielle M. Wilson to Linda M. Burger for $284,410.
4858 Old Pittsburgh Road: Dianna Lynn and James Michael Albert to Timothy B. and Debra J. Locke for $6,700.
Police are continuing to investigate a shooting that took place late Saturday night just outside a bar on Lawrence Avenue in Ellwood City.
According to the report, Ellwood City Police were sent to the 400 block of Bell Avenue for a large fight and shots fired outside of My House Bar. When they arrived, the shooting victim was not present. Police were advised a short time later that a man with a gunshot wound was admitted to the Ellwood City Hospital.
The man was identified as William Curtis Bonzo, 22, of 4th Street, Ellwood City. Bonzo had a gunshot wound to the crotch area; he was transported via ambulance to UPMC Presbyterian in Pittsburgh.
Bonzo told police that he was shot during a fight that occurred outside of My House Bar, according to the report.
According to witnesses, however, Bonzo may have accidentally shot himself. Also, the report said that due to the nature of the gunshot wound, he may have inadvertently pulled the trigger to a gun in his pocket.
Police said that the investigation is continuing and no arrests have been made at this time.
Courtesy of the Register & Recorder section of the Lawrence County Government Center in New Castle, the following are real estate transfers from the Ellwood City area for the month of September:
- 608 Todd Avenue: Timothy and Susan Zelinka to Ian F. Capoferri for $72,000.
- 912 Border Avenue: Hartland Acres Inc. to Michele Gasper for $9,900.
- 217 2nd Street: Joyce Demarco and Ralph Hazen to Elaine Brock for $47,037.
- 415 Foch Street: Mary Jo Deep to William and Regina Shuttleworth for $140,000.
- 334 Line Avenue: Esther Carsele EST to David and Jennifer Kent for $22,000.
- 517-523 Haig Street: Dane and Cynthia Burford to Dennis Duffy for $150,000.
- 202 Franklin Avenue: Eugene, Crete, and Patricia Crawford to John Morgan Jr. and Robert Surrena for $20,000.
- 604 Pershing Street: James Myers to Carol Monk for $155,000.
- 510 Deemer Avenue: June Goehring to Jeremy D. Laszlo and Breanna R. Rough for $99,000.
- 408 Martin Avenue: Seth and Melissa Michaels to Bradley E. Kane for $130,000.
- 284 Wilson Avenue: Jim and Debbie Morton to Joseph and Stephanie Gagliano for $11,500.
- 403 Portersville Road: Mark and Tammy Mazzant to Joseph and Patricia Tomon for $25,000.
- 252 Kay Street: Timothy and Hazel Bobosky to Samantah J. Marshall and Matthew Gardner for $80,000.
- 401 Chew Street: Agnes and Ralph Mohr to Brock Taylor for $60,000.